How to Activate ESPN on Roku and Smart TV and fire stick etc
Are you facing difficulties in activating ESPN on Roku, or your Smart TV or fire stick?
The experience of watching sports on a bigger screen, that is your television, should be seamless and easy.
For sports fans who are always eager to watch content in a hassle-free environment, Smart TVs, Roku devices and fire sticks have been a great help.
They allow the viewer to step out of a 5-inch mobile screen, and step over to their Ultra-HD television screens.
With the help of Roku decides, fire sticks and Smart televisions, you can watch content of different streaming platforms on your television.
But activating the channel can prove to be a bit complex, and here are some tips which will help you in doing so, over Roku, Smart TV and firestick.
Before looking at the tips, we will look at the three stages in which ESPN can be available on Roku.
- Access to streaming content such as ESPN shows, etc., can be availed after paying to a TV provider. Not just TV providers, but also some of the popular streaming services such as Sling TV, Hulu Live and others are part of Roku devices.
Even they provide access to content which is present on different channels of the ESPN Network.
- Then comes ESPN+, where the user can enjoy the live stream of all the sports. Along with that, access to shows and trending content will also be there.
- Other than that, normal users with the basic plan of ESPN can get to see the live scoresheets of games, sports news, videos and even the analysis of games.
- For activating ESPN on Roku, you will have to make sure that your TV service provider allows access to Roku. It’s the first important step, and it can be checked by downloading and installing ESPN on Roku.
Checking that the provider allows access to Roku or not, will decide the activation process of ESPN. If it doesn’t, then you will not be able to activate ESPN.
- Once you have installed ESPN and checked it with your provider, you will have to start the activation process.
For that, you will have to open ESPN on Roku.
- Then you will have to open the settings, from the menu bar.
- If you are using a paid TV Service, then you will have to choose Provider Account, then Watch Live TV, and then Activate Live TV. You will get an activation code there, which can be used for activating ESPN in the next step.
- Then you will have to visit espn.com/activate either from your computer, or mobile.
- Here, you will have to enter the activation code, and then move ahead.
- Then you will be asked to choose your provider and fill all its details. You will have to choose your cable or service provider.
- Finally, you will be able to asked to log in with the details of your TV service provider. After passing the login process and safety checks, you will be in.
The fifth step of espn.com/activate is essential, and noteworthy. If you omit it, the process will fail.
For ESPN+ users, the process is quite similar.
First, they will have to log in to their account.
Then, they have to visit es.pn/roku, on their computer or mobile.
Once they reach there, they will have to enter the activation code there. After entering the code, they can easily move ahead and ESPN+ will get activated.
This was all about activating ESPN on Roku.
Now we move ahead, and look at the activation process for Smart TVs and fire sticks.
Smart TV and Fire Stick
Smart TV or even Fire Sticks such as of Amazon, are used for watching content on your television.
The important thing for both of them to work, is to have access to a network.
Therefore, first of all it will be quite essential to connect your WIFI or mobile data network to your television. While setting the smart TV or fire stick, you will be asked to enter the password of your network.
Once you have filled all those details, you can easily move ahead.
In the next step, you will be asked to log in to your ESPN account. Once you are done with entering your email-id and password, you will be logged in.
But you will not be able to watch content by this.
A message will appear on your TV screen, asking you to go and visit espn.com/watch/activate and enter the activation code which you will get on your television screen.
Once you have entered that code, the whole process will be verified and within seconds, you can log in to watch your desired content on ESPN.
In conclusion, these tips if followed carefully, will get your ESPN activated.